About excption: The problemId (1) is already solving.

Kent Zhang

Jun 21, 2022, 1:29:29 AM6/21/22
to OptaPlanner development
Hello, teams,

I use the SolverManager to solve a problem (with solveAndListen method) and threw an exception, it's a "same planningId " exception, in the exception handler, I terminated this problem with terminateEarly method. And then pass the problem to SolverManager again, the problem has the same problemId as the previous. another exception threw: The problemId (1) is already solving. Is that mean the problem was not removed from the SolverManager when the terminateEarly invoke? the problems that pass to the SolverManager must have a unique id no matter the previous problem that has the same ID was terminated? how to clear a problem from SolverManager?  Many thank you!

With best regards,
Kent Zhang
solverException1.png

Geoffrey De Smet

Jun 26, 2022, 1:53:54 PM6/26/22
to optapla...@googlegroups.com, Kent Zhang

I see 4 threads with the same question. Is that intentional?

Please don't spam the mailing list with duplicate questions.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Kent Zhang

Jun 27, 2022, 8:32:40 AM6/27/22
to OptaPlanner development
Hi, Geoffrey,

Yes, sorry, because uploading the image failed, I repeated adding topics 4 times until the 4th time uploading the image successfully. After I found duplicate topics, I deleted the other 3 topics, so only one topic appeared in the mailing group. Apologies again!

With best regards,
Kent Zhang

Geoffrey De Smet

Jun 30, 2022, 6:35:24 AM6/30/22
to optapla...@googlegroups.com, Kent Zhang

This sounds like a genuine issue indeed.
Thank you for reporting.

Please create a jira if it reproduces on the latest optaplanner version.
 https://issues.redhat.com/projects/PLANNER

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet