Hi, what's the default “LocalSearchType”?

chen jinhua

Sep 14, 2021, 2:18:56 AM9/14/21
to OptaPlanner development
is the acceptor configuration enough for deploying different algorithms?
if I didn't assign the LocalSearchType explicit, the solver would use the different algorithms automatically according to “acceptor”.

Geoffrey De Smet

Sep 14, 2021, 4:45:26 AM9/14/21
to optapla...@googlegroups.com

If nothing is configured, you get Late Acceptance (in the current version).
If localSearchType="TABU_SEARCH" is configured, you get Tabu Search.
If an acceptor with entityTabuSize is configured, you get Tabu Search.
If an acceptor with lateAcceptanceType is configured, you get Late Acceptance.
If an acceptor with entityTabuSize and lateAcceptanceType is configured, you get a combination of TS and LA.

If localSearchType="TABU_SEARCH" is configured and an acceptor with lateAcceptanceType too, it will probably fail fast. Try it out, report here if it doesn't.

HTH :)

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

On 14/09/2021 08:18, chen jinhua wrote:
is the acceptor configuration enough for deploying different algorithms?
if I didn't assign the LocalSearchType explicit, the solver would use the different algorithms automatically according to “acceptor”.

chen jinhua

Sep 14, 2021, 4:53:48 AM9/14/21
to OptaPlanner development
thanks, I had tried.  Users should set just one property--acceptor or  LocalSearchType. If you set the  LocalSearchType=TABU_SEARCH, and the acceptor set to another value, it will fault. I think that configuring the acceptor is favourable.