How to create Fair assignment of shifts in Employee Rostering application

Lovedeep Sangha

Jun 4, 2021, 12:45:32 AM6/4/21
to OptaPlanner development
Hi all ,

In employee rostering application we need to have fair assignments  between employees

Let suppose we have 10 total shift and 5 worker
5 are of skill A                    1 worker of skill A
5 are of skill B                     4 worker of skill B

We know that 5A skills will get assign to worker 1.
But i want remaining 5 to be assigned to 4 worker as
W2 can get 2/1 shift
w3 need to have 1 shift
w4 need to have 1 shift
w5 need to have 1 shift

this is fairness i want in my rostering of shift but what optaplanner is doing he just adding all shift W2 employee because he has not filled his max Hours of Work

can anybody please suggest me a solution how we can achieve this

Stay safe & warmest regards
Lovedeep sangha

Mark Green

Jun 8, 2021, 11:18:00 AM6/8/21
to optapla...@googlegroups.com
I think this is in the documentation. Add the highest number of shifts for a single employee, squared, as a medium/soft constraint.

Mark