MoveListFactory | Real time planning

Patrick Ondreovici

Dec 23, 2022, 8:45:50 AM12/23/22
to OptaPlanner development
Hello,
It is possible to use MoveListFactory with real time planning ?
How to notify MoveListFactory when a new entity is added ?

Radovan Synek

Jan 2, 2023, 2:37:49 AM1/2/23
to optapla...@googlegroups.com
Hello Patrick,

after the Solver processes a ProblemFact, it internally restarts solving. As a part of this restart, the MoveListFactory is asked to create the move list. At that point, the working solution should already contain the new entity.

While it is possible to use the MoveListFactory with real-time planning, I would advise against doing that. For the reason I described above, with every ProblemFact the MoveListFactory has to recreate the entire move list and that might be a performance problem.

Please see the MoveIteratorFactory to generate custom moves just in time:

Regards,
Radek

Radovan Synek

Principal Software Engineer, Business Automation

Red Hat EMEA

Brno, Czech Republic