partition search threads seems hang, can not finish all the partition search.

chen jinhua

Oct 8, 2021, 10:17:18 PM10/8/21
to OptaPlanner development
Hi everyone! I tried to split the dataset into multi pieces to solve,but not all the threads were finished. the first thread finished,the others were hung.

then, I try to solve my dataset by partition search. somethings wrong appear:

1. can not terminate,
even I set the solving time to 5 minutes,8 minutes(score limits in partition search is invalid)

2. threads hung.
I have problem p1,p2,p3,p4. and I set the “Runnable part thread limit” to 2. p1,p2 run and never stop. even the local search in <PartitionSearcher> finished.
屏幕截图 2021-10-09 100845.png

屏幕截图 2021-10-09 100845.png
the termination time of this application is set to 6 minutes

even the OptaPool-2-PartThread-3 shows it found 0/0/0,i doubt it.

3. some problems initialized with 0hard/0med/0soft, but this is not real.

I don't if this is a bug or not. does anyone meet the same situation?

chen jinhua

Oct 9, 2021, 9:12:45 PM10/9/21
to OptaPlanner development
reason: In multi Threads, custom move factory may cause thread hanging.