Dr.'s Office Appointment

Shmuel Sternbach

Jul 18, 2022, 8:13:02 PM7/18/22
to OptaPlanner development
Geoffrey De Smet mentioned in this comment on StackOverflow that there should be a specific API for scenarios like a Dr.'s office when patients schedule times that are best for them. See that thread where I suggested some ways to rearrange the problem to make it more optimizable.

In my case, I have many constraints (e.g. the patient's insurance is in network, the insurance REST API says they have not met their deductible, etc.), and want to see all of the times available for this patient given the nature of the appointment.
Message has been deleted

Shmuel Sternbach

Jul 18, 2022, 8:17:03 PM7/18/22
to OptaPlanner development
I hope this doesn't violate the cross-posting rule. I wanted to make it an official request, as opposed to a comment on a related SO question.
Message has been deleted

Shmuel Sternbach

Jul 18, 2022, 8:25:11 PM7/18/22
to OptaPlanner development
I wish there was a way to edit comments. Those constraints are not good examples. Good examples: try to double-book this appointment with another if it is allowed by insurance; don't schedule during patient's unavailable times (e.g. available any time except Friday afternoons); minimize wait time between treatments on the same day; etc.