Multi-threaded Construction Heuristic's

24 peržiūros
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Patrick Ondreovici

neskaityta,
2023-02-03 06:38:452023-02-03
kam: OptaPlanner development
2023-02-03 13:25:20.892 ERROR [algo-api,,] 4307 --- [       Thread-9] o.o.core.impl.solver.thread.ThreadUtils  : Multi-threaded Construction Heuristic's ExecutorService didn't terminate within timeout (1 seconds).

Can i get more informations about this error ?

Kent Zhang

neskaityta,
2023-02-04 02:41:532023-02-04
kam: OptaPlanner development
I also found that when I started multi-threaded planning, the engine only executed the CH phase, but the LS phase did not execute, no matter what is the termination. But I didn't get exception, it just ended.

Use the following node in the configuration file to start multi-threaded planning.
<moveThreadCount>AUTO</moveThreadCount>

Lukáš Petrovický

neskaityta,
2023-02-06 06:36:172023-02-06
kam: optapla...@googlegroups.com
Patrick, Kent,

there is no more information to be had.
Some of the move threads did not finish in time - there really is no way of telling when the executor will shut down after it is requested. The default timeout is 1 second, and in this case, it was not enough.

Is this a problem? Most likely not. Best solution events are triggered on the solver thread, which is always running. Therefore the only information that could have been lost is the not-yet-processed moves. Since the solver was already terminating, I'd argue that the error does not really matter.

In fact, I'm kinda surprised why we even chose to make it an error, and not just a warning or even lower.

Lukáš Petrovický

OptaPlanner Project Lead

lukas.pe...@redhat.com

My work week is Monday to Thursday.
No need to respond outside of your working hours.
Atsakyti visiems
Atsakyti autoriui
Persiųsti
0 naujų pranešimų