do i need a Lic to use the latest of chef 12.17.5-1

to...@appsflyer.com

Nov 1, 2017, 11:53:24 AM11/1/17
to opscode-chef-openstack
is cleint 11.8.2 supprt by 12.17.5-1

Samuel Cassiba

Nov 1, 2017, 9:13:04 PM11/1/17
to opscode-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

You've stumbled across an Internet relic that is not actively watched
or used. This is the former mailing list for the OpenStack cookbooks
project. That project makes use of other outlets, but that's does not
look like why you're here.

Since you seem to be asking about chef-client and Chef Server
compatibility, I'd usually recommend asking on the Chef Community
Slack, or their mailing list. However, their recommendation would be
to upgrade chef-client to at least 13.x since 14.0 is being released
in April 2018. If you absolutely need to use such an old release of
chef-client, I'd highly recommend becoming a Chef customer so that you
can be better supported.

--
Best,
Samuel Cassiba