Pax Web 8 - 2 more tasks before GA

Grzegorz Grzybek

Aug 31, 2021, 2:41:18 AM8/31/21
to op...@googlegroups.com, Karaf Dev
Hello

I'd like to present the state of Pax Web 8. I hope to release Pax Web 8.0.0.GA in mid-September.

I maintain a todo.txt[1] file where I present the issues I'd like to implement in given milestones.

The priority is to have R7 compliance, though without running the TCK[2], because I didn't have time to find out an easy way to actually run the TCK :) However I'm glad it's public now.

So summarizing, these R7 features were implemented recently:
 - Whiteboard preprocessors
 - RegEx filter mapping
 - Listener ordering according to ranking
 - Session per OsgiContextModel / OsgiServletContext (including proper javax.servlet.context.tempdir handling)
 - org.osgi.framework.ServiceObjects and proper service management (unget, prototype, singleton, bundle scopes)

Also I've implemented (or ensured the stability and consistency between Jetty, Tomcat and Undertow) for these:
 - Whiteboard WebSockets - they work both through WABs, Whiteboard and even WebContainer (HttpService)
 - Karaf integration tests - all tests work for all three runtimes. In Pax Web 7 the tests were running mostly on Jetty

The remaining *two* tasks are:
 - Mixing (in different order) WAB and Whiteboard contexts, so we can install a WAB and Whiteboard/HttpService alter it by registering for example Preprocessors
 - Whiteboard DTOs

kind regards
Grzegorz Grzybek
===

Achim Nierbeck

Aug 31, 2021, 2:59:10 AM8/31/21
to op...@googlegroups.com, Karaf Dev
Hey Gzegorz,

great work you did on Pax Web.
Will be very interested in seeing the final product after you finished :)

best regards, Achim

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Serge Huber

Aug 31, 2021, 11:38:58 AM8/31/21
to op...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick question will the javax.validation be updated ? Currently I believe it’s still using spec 1.1, but it would be nice if we could upgrade to 2.0

Regards,
  Serge…

Grzegorz Grzybek

Aug 31, 2021, 12:06:50 PM8/31/21
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi

wt., 31 sie 2021 o 17:38 'Serge Huber' via OPS4J <op...@googlegroups.com> napisał(a):
Just a quick question will the javax.validation be updated ? Currently I believe it’s still using spec 1.1, but it would be nice if we could upgrade to 2.0

Hmm, Pax Web itself doesn't require any Validation API bundle. If you see validation API (now both 1.1 and 2.0) in effective pom of Pax Web, these come from the samples used (Spring, Vaadin, Primefaces).

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek