[PROPOSAL] Release Pax Exam 5.0.0

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Sep 22, 2020, 7:45:21 AM9/22/20
to OPS4J
Hi,

As we fixed several issues and did some changes in Pax Exam master, I think it makes sense to cut Pax Exam 5.0.0.

I have a couple of things to add but the release is almost ready.

No objection ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Grzegorz Grzybek

Sep 22, 2020, 8:04:35 AM9/22/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
None from me ;)

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

françois papon

Sep 22, 2020, 8:07:02 AM9/22/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good for me :)

thanks,

François Papon
papo...@gmail.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Sep 23, 2020, 1:16:52 AM9/23/20
to OPS4J
Hi,

just a quick update: I will cut Pax Exam 4.13.4 today.

The purpose of Pax Exam 5.0.0 is also to upgrade to JUnit 5. So, I will take time to finalize/test this.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Arnoud Glimmerveen

Sep 29, 2020, 2:15:59 AM9/29/20
to OPS4J
As a Pax Exam user I would love to see this release become available! :)

Christoph Läubrich

Sep 29, 2020, 3:43:13 AM9/29/20
to op...@googlegroups.com
Just keep in mind that a while back there was a discussion about pax
exam 5 because there was work from harald on a branch and the work on
the master branch.
Even though I tried to merge most of that stuff into master if I rember
right some tests are failing.

So be prepared that there are some "work in progress" items that might
not be fully functional.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Sep 29, 2020, 4:21:32 AM9/29/20
to OPS4J
Hi,

Just a quick update: Pax Exam 4.13.4 has been released. Now I'm working on Pax Exam 5.0.0 with JUnit 5.x support.

Regards
JB

Arnoud Glimmerveen

Nov 5, 2020, 8:21:36 AM11/5/20
to OPS4J
Hi JB,

How is the effort on getting a 5.0.0 release progressing? Are there any hurdles to clear where others in the community perhaps could assist?

Best regards,

Arnoud

Arnoud Glimmerveen

Feb 22, 2021, 2:42:53 AM2/22/21
to OPS4J
Hi JB,

Could you share what the status is of this release of Pax Exam?

Best regards,

Arnoud.

Grzegorz Grzybek

Feb 22, 2021, 3:16:28 AM2/22/21
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I don't work on Pax Exam and sorry for hijacking the email - but are there any objections whether I could migrate PAXEXAM project from Ops4J Jira to Github issues?
Note that I've already migrated:
 - PAXJDBC
 - PAXJMS
 - PAXTRANSX
 - PAXLOGGING
 - PAXTIPI
 - TOOLS

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

Jérémie Brébec

Apr 23, 2024, 6:12:36 AMApr 23
to OPS4J
Hello,

I dig up this old topic, but is pax exam still maintained ? I'm hopping to see a pax-exam with supports for junit5 ^^

Regards,

Jérémie

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

Apr 29, 2024, 4:13:22 AMApr 29
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I planned to work on Pax Exam but I've been swamped with other stuff.
I wanted to have a refactoring on the Karaf part (to be easier to use).
I don't think I will have time for that short terms, but still on my TODO :)

Regards
JB