Oppia team updates for May and June

Jacob Davis

Jun 6, 2020, 6:24:37 AM6/6/20
to oppia-dev, op...@googlegroups.com
Dear Oppians

This is our monthly update on what we did during May and are working on in June. If any of these projects look particularly interesting to you, please get in touch with the team lead to find ways you can contribute. (For project details and contact information see the relevant github project page or ask me.)

Skills, questions, topics and stories (Akshay)
 - The last month, we were focusing on fixing the UI/functionality issues in the various editors faced by creators and implementing the new mocks for the learner views.
 - Our main goal would be to complete any pending functionality and UI changes to the learner views and to fix any bugs, if they are found.

Contributor dashboard (Sandeep)
 - We've been working on several design docs for upcoming features—opportunity filtering, analytics dashboard, notification system for reviewers, reporting system for bad suggestions, allow adding images to suggestions, translation template.
 - Submit backend and frontend PRs for opportunity filtering, finalize the design for the analytics dashboard, complete implementation of reviewer notification system, finalize design for the reporting system, complete implementation of translation template.

Developer workflow (Kevin Lee)
 - Worked on implementing async/await for e2e tests. Plan for grouping of e2e tests and migration to CircleCI.
 - Complete migration of e2e tests to CircleCI except for known flaky tests. Complete tests for the linter.

Speed (Vojtěch)
 - Implemented Lightouhouse CI job. Started serving HTML pages without Jinja.
 - Finish Lighthouse CI job.

Best wishes
Jacob