Announcing release 2.8.4 of Oppia

Ankita Saxena

Jul 28, 2019, 12:26:10 PM7/28/19
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The Oppia team is happy to announce the release of version 2.8.4 of Oppia!

The main changes in this release are the changes to codebase to a hybridized state for migration to Angular2 (thanks to Yash Jipkate).

Other changes include bug fixes, more backend test coverage (thanks Rishav), serving more pages statically (thanks James) and updates to dev workflow and code health. Please refer the changelog for the full details.

We are also excited to welcome Luis Ulloa and Teddy Marchildon for whom this release marks their first contribution to Oppia! Many thanks, also, to Anubhav Sinha, Apurv Bajaj, Brian Rodriguez, James James, Kevin Lee, Kevin Thomas, Nisheal John, Nithesh N. Hariharan, Nitish Bansal, Prasanna Patil, Rishabh Rawat, Rishav Chakraborty, Sandeep Dubey, Sean Lip, Shiqi Wu, Varun Tandon, Vinita Murthi, Vojtěch Jelínek, Yash Jipkate, and rafalk342, our returning contributors who made this release possible.

Finally, I'd like to thank Sandeep Dubey for co-ordinating the release process, Anubhav Sinha, Rishav Chakraborty, Nisheal John, James James, Shiqi Wu, Yash Jipkate and Rishabh Rawat for their help with pre-release testing, bug-fixing and QA, as well as Akshay Anand for leading the QA team for this release.

Thanks,
Ankita