GSoC’22 Proposal Review | Migrate Away From Protractor (Shivam Jha)

shivam jha

Mar 24, 2022, 2:17:32 AM3/24/22
to oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi all,

I have drafted a proposal for the project idea Migrate Away From Protractor. Please take a look at the section “2.1: WHAT” and let me know if you have any comments.

Proposal Link: Link

Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback.

- Shivam Jha

MD SHAHBAZ ALAM

Mar 24, 2022, 12:44:12 PM3/24/22
to oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi Shivam,

Thanks for the proposal. I took a pass and left some comments.

shivam jha

Mar 27, 2022, 2:50:12 PM3/27/22
to oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi,
I have addressed your comments. PTAL, whenever you have some time.

Thank you
- Shivam Jha

MD SHAHBAZ ALAM

Mar 28, 2022, 3:35:30 AM3/28/22
to shivam jha, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi Shivam,
I have a taken a full pass on the WHAT section and left a couple of final comments. Pllease take a look. Thanks!

shivam jha

Apr 17, 2022, 6:07:11 AM4/17/22
to oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi all,
I have completed the 'How' section. Please take a look.
Thank you
~Shivam Jha

MD SHAHBAZ ALAM

Apr 17, 2022, 7:29:38 AM4/17/22
to shivam jha, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi Shivam,

I have taken a full pass of the HOW section now. Please take a look. Thanks!!

MD SHAHBAZ ALAM

Apr 17, 2022, 9:56:57 PM4/17/22
to shivam jha, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi Shivam,
I have resolved the comments based on your replies which I see have been addressed. Please address the remaining. Also, please move to the implementation part too as the deadline is too short now.

Thanks,
Md Shahbaz Alam

shivam jha

Apr 18, 2022, 2:50:17 PM4/18/22
to oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi all,
I have completed all the sections of the proposal. PTAL

Thank you
~Shivam Jha

shivam jha

Apr 18, 2022, 3:03:18 PM4/18/22
to oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi all,
Please note that I am not able to run the e2e using the script we are having for the protractor, though I am able to run the tests using the command: npx wdio run pathToConfigFile
Debug mode: DEBUG=true npx wdio wdio.conf.js
Also due to lack of time I am not able to dig into the issue properly.

MD SHAHBAZ ALAM

Apr 19, 2022, 1:35:27 AM4/19/22
to shivam jha, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi Shivam,
I left the final comments. Please take a look. And for your problem, I think it's good if you are able to show that you are able to run Oppia's end to end tests with npx wdio command. We can latter work with you to make that command run directly from the script file.

Thanks,
Md Shahbaz Alam

shivam jha

Apr 19, 2022, 2:59:53 AM4/19/22
to oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi Shahbaz,
I have replied to all your comments, please take a look
Thank you
~ Shivam Jha

MD SHAHBAZ ALAM

Apr 19, 2022, 4:09:21 AM4/19/22
to shivam jha, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi Shivam,
The proposal looks good to me.

Thanks,
Md Shahbaz Alam

shivam jha

Apr 19, 2022, 4:14:27 AM4/19/22
to oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi Shahbaz,
Thanks for the detailed review. I will submit the proposal now.

Thank You
~Shivam Jha