[Oppia - Tech Talk] Writing Robust Frontend Tests

Aryaman Gupta

Aug 17, 2021, 4:34:43 PM8/17/21
to oppi...@googlegroups.com, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hello Devs,

Hope you are well. We are excited that a Tech Talk on Frontend Testing would be organized on 21st August (Saturday) - 22:30 IST (17:00 UTC).

The talk would cover the following points:
  • Writing robust frontend unit tests
  • Covering various scenarios in the code (testing the code thoroughly instead of just covering lines)
  • Different scenarios that are difficult to test
  • Avoiding flakes
  • Identifying and resolving flakes if you get any
After the talk, you will get a brief idea about Frontend Unit testing, which would be helpful to you, as you'll have to write Frontend Tests for your future contributions to Oppia.

Link for the event: https://meet.google.com/nuj-jate-rfz

Hoping to see you all there! If you have any questions/suggestions you can add them to this Slido Link: https://app.sli.do/event/bxrnwack

Regards,
Aishwary & Aryaman

image.gif

Aryaman Gupta

Aug 19, 2021, 1:37:23 PM8/19/21
to oppi...@googlegroups.com, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hello Devs!

Due to some engagement of the speakers, the talk on Frontend Testing has been shifted to the next weekend i.e. 28th August 2021 (Saturday) - 22:30 PM IST.

Your calendar invite has been updated as well.

The speakers for the talk are:
- Aishwary Saxena
- Praneeth G
- Radesh Kumar
If you have any questions/suggestions you can add them to this Slido Link: https://app.sli.do/event/bxrnwack
See you guys in the talk!

Regards,
Aishwary & Aryaman

<image.gif>
image.gif

image.gif

Aryaman Gupta

Aug 26, 2021, 6:32:43 PM8/26/21
to oppi...@googlegroups.com, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hello Devs!

This is just a gentle reminder for the talk on Frontend Testing.

Date and Time: 28th August 2021 (Saturday) - 22:30 PM IST.

Link for the event: https://meet.google.com/nuj-jate-rfz

If you have any questions/suggestions you can add them to this Slido Link: https://app.sli.do/event/bxrnwack
Hope to see you all there. :)

Regards,
Aishwary & Aryaman
image.gif
image.gif

Aryaman Gupta

Aug 28, 2021, 10:16:49 AM8/28/21
to oppi...@googlegroups.com, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hello Folks,

We will have a Tech Talk on Frontend Testing in 3 hours at 22:30 IST (17:00 UTC).

The talk would cover the following points:
  • Writing robust frontend unit tests
  • Covering various scenarios in the code (testing the code thoroughly instead of just covering lines)
  • Different scenarios that are difficult to test
  • Avoiding flakes
  • Identifying and resolving flakes if you get any
It will be an exciting talk so do attend the event.
Hoping to see you all there! If you have any questions/suggestions, you can add them to this Slido Link: https://app.sli.do/event/bxrnwack

Regards,
Aishwary & Aryaman
image.gif

Aryaman Gupta

Aug 28, 2021, 12:51:30 PM8/28/21
to oppi...@googlegroups.com, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hello Folks,

We’ll start our talk on frontend testing in next 10 minutes.

Regards,
Aishwary and Aryaman

On 28-Aug-2021, at 7:46 PM, Aryaman Gupta <aryaman.g...@itbhu.ac.in> wrote:

Hello Folks,

We will have a Tech Talk on Frontend Testing in 3 hours at 22:30 IST (17:00 UTC).

The talk would cover the following points:
  • Writing robust frontend unit tests
  • Covering various scenarios in the code (testing the code thoroughly instead of just covering lines)
  • Different scenarios that are difficult to test
  • Avoiding flakes
  • Identifying and resolving flakes if you get any
It will be an exciting talk so do attend the event.

Link for the event: https://meet.google.com/nuj-jate-rfz

Hoping to see you all there! If you have any questions/suggestions, you can add them to this Slido Link: https://app.sli.do/event/bxrnwack

Regards,
Aishwary & Aryaman
<image.gif>

<image.gif>

<image.gif>

Aryaman Gupta

Aug 28, 2021, 1:55:53 PM8/28/21
to oppi...@googlegroups.com, oppia-gsoc-discuss
Hi folks!

Thanks for attending the talk. You may find the PPT and the FE Testing Wiki links below:

PPT - LINK
Wiki - LINK

Thanks & Regards,
Aishwary & Aryaman