[IMPORTANT] Python 3 preparations

Vojtěch Jelínek

Jul 24, 2021, 11:45:28 AM7/24/21
to oppia-dev
Hey Oppia devs,

Soon we will be switching to Python 3 for Oppia development, in order to make the transition as smooth as possible for you, we prepared updated installation guide. We heavilly recommed you to prepare a new clone of the oppia repository and follow the new installation guide now, so that after we merge our Python 3 PR you can transition smoothly.

If you don't do this we don't guarantee that after the Python 3 PR is merged everything will be working 100% for you and it might take some time for you to get the Python 3 repo working.

Thanks,
Vojta

Vojtěch Jelínek

Aug 5, 2021, 11:04:46 AM8/5/21
to oppia-dev
Hey everyone,

the Python 3 PR is fully prepared and will be merged really soon, so if you didn't prepare your Python 3 environment, try to do so ASAP.

Thansk,
Vojta