Introducing backend structure for validating handler arguments.

nikhil.agarwal.2019

Jun 29, 2021, 11:57:11 AMJun 29
to oppia-dev

Hi Oppia devs,

A new architecture for validating handler arguments is introduced in the codebase. If you plan to write new handlers make sure to write schema for all the request/payload arguments.

The guidelines for writing schemas are added in the wiki page (Writing schema for handler args).

For any discussion kindly contact, Rohit or Vojtech or Nikhil.

Thanks,

Nikhil (on behalf of the Data Handling Team)

nikhil.agarwal.2019

Jul 1, 2021, 1:39:52 AMJul 1
to oppia-dev
Hi oppia devs,
I want to state that in some edge cases schema validation is not working as per expectation.
So if you are adding any new handler please add the handler class name into 'HANDLER_CLASS_NAMES_WHICH_STILL_NEED_SCHEMAS' list of payload validator file,
so that you do not need to write schema for new handlers as for now and I will add schemas eventually for your new handlers.

I am working on those edge cases.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Nikhil.