Manually Enabling Videos for End-to-end Tests

Krishna R

Jun 30, 2021, 5:26:59 AM6/30/21
to oppia-dev
Hi All,

A few weeks ago, the automated QA team disabled video recordings for all end-to-end tests (since we believed it caused an increase in flakiness).

However, if you'd like video recordings of certain suites that are failing on your PR, video recordings of end-to-end tests can be manually enabled using an environment variable.

Inside Github Actions workflow files for end-to-end tests (oppia/.github/workflows), we set an environment variable for each suite (VIDEO_RECORDING_IS_ENABLED). By setting the variable's value to 1, you can get videos for that suite.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to reach out with any further questions.

- Krishna