Announcing release 2.8.2 of Oppia

Nithesh Hariharan

May 23, 2019, 3:31:45 PM5/23/19
to oppia-dev
Hi all,

The Oppia team is happy to announce the release of version 2.8.2 of Oppia!

The main change that this release includes is the migration of our codebase to typescript (thanks to Ankita Saxena). This serves as a preliminary stage to enable migration to Angular2. Other changes include bug fixes, UI fixes, and updates to our packages and dependencies. Please see the changelog for the full details.

We are also excited to welcome new contributors Assem Yeskabyl, Tanmay Mathur, Areesha Tariq, Eric Yang, and Shuta Suzuki for whom this release marks their first contribution to Oppia! Many thanks, also, to Amey, Ankita Saxena, Anubhav Sinha, Brian Rodriguez, James James, Keshav Bathla, Nisheal John, Nithesh N. Hariharan, Nitish Bansal, Rishav Chakraborty, Sandeep Dubey, Sean Lip, Shiqi Wu, Shitong Shou, Shubham Bansal, Siddhant Khandelwal, Varun Tandon, Yash Jipkate, and rafalk342, our returning contributors who made this release possible.

Finally, I'd like to thank Vibhor Agarwal, Anubhav Sinha, Keshav Bathla, Nisheal John, Rishav Chakraborty, Amey Kudari, Yash Jipkate for their help with pre-release testing, bug-fixing and QA, as well as Vibhor Agarwal for leading the QA team for this release.

Thanks,
Nithesh