Announcing release 2.8.1 of Oppia

Sean Lip

Apr 26, 2019, 4:43:18 AM4/26/19
to oppia-dev
Hi all,

The Oppia team is happy to announce the release of version 2.8.1 of Oppia!

The main feature that this release includes is the ability to add written translations to the exploration editor tab (thanks to Sandeep Dubey). Previously, it was only possible to add voiceovers in different languages, but the new functionality means that lesson cards do not have to be re-translated in their entirety in order to update the voiceovers. We expect that this will make it easier to maintain the lessons in multiple languages.

This release also includes many improvements and bug fixes; please see the changelog for the full details.

We are also excited to welcome new contributors Jacob Li, James James John, Nisheal John, Shiqi Wu, Shubham Bansal and Siddhant Khandelwal, who have made their first contributions to Oppia in this release! Many thanks, also, to Abhay Gupta, Akshay Anand, Amey Kudari, Ankita Saxena, Anubhav Sinha, Ben Henning, Brian Rodriguez, Keshav Bathla, Kevin Lee, Luis Ulloa, Mohammad Zaman, Nithesh N. Hariharan, Nitish Bansal, Rafał Kaszuba, Rakshit Kumar, Rishav Chakraborty, Sandeep Dubey, Sandeep Patel, Sean Lip, Ujjwal Gulecha, Vinita Murthi, Vojtěch Jelínek, and Yash Jipkate, our returning contributors who made this release possible.

Finally, I'd like to thank Ankita Saxena, Amey Kudari, Anubhav Sinha, Eric Lou, Keshav Bathla, Nisheal John and Rishav Chakraborty for their help with pre-release testing, bug-fixing and QA, as well as Nithesh Hariharan for leading the QA team for this release.

Thanks,
Sean