Announcing release v3.0.7 of Oppia!

Nithesh Hariharan

Feb 8, 2021, 1:17:19 AM2/8/21
to oppia-dev
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. We are happy to announce the release of v3.0.7 of Oppia!

There are quite a lot of changes, and improvements done on the website. Here are some of the new things that were released this time!

New splash and teach pages (Thanks Rituja and Akshay!)

image.png
You can visit the teach page at www.oppia.org/teach

image.png

Students can now not only listen to the exploration in their regional languages, but also play explorations in languages that it has been translated into! This is possible thanks to the changes by David Cheng! (The below screenshots are from a testing server)

image.png
image.png

This release also includes a lot of UI/UX fixes to the different editors and players. Many changes which are necessary for the python 3 migration (more of which will happen during the upcoming releases). There were also some improvements to our developer workflow.

Please welcome Akshath Kaushal, Apurv Botle, Archi Aggarwal, Arkadyuti Bandyopadhyay, Aryaman Gupta, Hasitha Kaushan, Ishan Shanware, Jassi, Nicolas Skirkey, Parul Priyedarshani, Radesh, Srijan Reddy, jlau323, and xarcode for whom this release marks their first contribution to Oppia!

Thanks to Aishwary Saxena, Akshay Anand, Ben Henning, Brian Rodriguez, David Cheng, Deepam101, James James, Kevin Thomas, Khushi Gangopadhyay, Krishita Jain, Michael Wu, Nishant Mittal, Prayush Dawda, Reshu Kumari, Rijuta Singh, Rohit Katlaa, Sajal Asati, Sandeep Dubey, Sean Lip, Shubha Rajan, Srijan Reddy, Theo Lipeles, U8N WXD, Varun Tandon, Vojtěch Jelínek, Yash Jipkate, and hngerebara, our returning contributors who made this release possible.

Finally I would like to thank Akshay Anand for leading the QA testing efforts this release, and Vojta, Harsh, Mridul, Preethi, Kevin T, Prayush, Arpit, Siddharth, Aryaman, Hasitha, Akshay who helped test the release and ensure it was bug-free before deploying!

This marks the first release of 2021, and a lot more exciting things coming out during the upcoming months! We will keep you updated on the same.

Thanks,
Nithesh