Announcing release 2.9.0 of Oppia

Sandeep Dubey

Feb 22, 2020, 9:01:33 AM2/22/20
to oppia-dev
Hi all,

    We are happy to announce the release of v2.9.0 of Oppia.
    The main changes in this release are AngularJS update, allowing the Malay language for translation and voiceover of lessons and many bug fixes and UI improvements.

    Please welcome Abhay Raghuwanshi, K.N. Anantha Nandanan, Alluri Harshit Varma, Martin Smithurst, Nishant Mittal, and Siddharth Batra for whom this release marks their first contribution to Oppia!

    Thanks to Aaron Zuspan, Abhishek Uniyal, Abhith Krishna, Akshay Anand, Ankita Saxena, Anshul Hudda, Arnesh Agrawal, Brian Rodriguez, Brian Rodriguez, James James, Kevin Lee, Kevin Thomas, Mariana Zangrossi, Mohammad Zaman, Nishant Mittal, Nitish Bansal, Pranav Siddharth S, Prayush Dawda, Rishabh Rawat, Rohit Katlaa, Sandeep Dubey, Sean Lip, Tyler Ishikawa, Vinit Dantkale, and Vojtěch Jelínek, our returning contributors who made this release possible.

    Finally, I'd like to thank Chris Skalnik, Divya, Kevin Thomas, Nadin Tamer, Nishant Mittal, Prayush Dawda and Raina Park for their help with pre-release testing, bug-fixing, and QA, as well as Rishabh Rawat for leading the QA team for this release.

Thanks,
Sandeep