Announcing Oppia v2.6.7

Ben Henning

Sep 3, 2018, 5:22:05 PM9/3/18
to oppia-dev
Hi everyone,

We're happy to announce version 2.6.7 of Oppia was released today!

Many changes in this release were due to the end-of-summer work of our amazing Google Summer of Code (GSoC) students. This work spans a variety of areas, including:
  • Introducing functionality for skills and preparing for broader lesson organization work
  • A generalized review system for managing suggested changes to explorations and questions
  • A variety of improvements to the Oppia developer workflow, including many improvements to tests across the stack
  • A dashboard for audio translators to supply audio translations for explorations
  • Adding a new drag-and-drop interaction
  • Bug fixes and validation improvements to the Rich-Text Editor
  • A tool for helping creators visualize how learners play through their explorations
  • A migration of exploration images to Google Cloud Storage and introduction of image pre-fetching in the browser to improve lesson loading
This work has been done in addition to a variety of bug fixes and miscellaneous work across the platform. See the full changelog for more details.

We'd like to thank Aashish Gaba, Akshay Anand, Apurv Bajaj, Ben Henning, Brian Rodriguez, Chen Shenyue, Joshua Lan, Kevin Thomas, Mohammad Shahebaz, Nithesh N. Hariharan, Nitish Bansal, Pranav Siddharth, Prasanna Patil, Sandeep Dubey, Sean Lip, Siddhant Srivastav, Tony, Tony Jiang, Vibhor Agarwal, Viet Tran Quoc Hoang, Vojtěch Jelínek, Yogesh Sharma, and Vinita Shivakumar Murthi, our returning contributors who made this release possible. Additionally, we'd like to offer a warm welcome to Dawson Eliasen, Min Tan, Nalin Bhardwaj, Rishav ChakrabortySandeep Patel, Shitong Shou, and Jordan Cockles  -- this release marks their first contributions to the Oppia codebase!

Finally, a very special thank-you to Akshay Anand, Allan Zhou, Apurv Bajaj, Nitish Bansal, Pranav Siddharth, Sandeep Dubey, Sean Lip, Tony Jiang, Vibhor Agarwal, and Viet Tran Quoc Hoang for testing and otherwise helping with this releasing this version of Oppia. This was a complicated release with many backend migrations and a need to ensure specific projects were completed prior to cutting the release. It is thanks to these folks that the release process was able to happen in a stable way.

For more details on the Google Summer of Code projects that were completed this summer, see the corresponding GSoC wrap-up announcement.

Ben