Announcing release 2.8.0 of Oppia

Sean Lip

Mar 31, 2019, 5:45:28 AM3/31/19
to oppia-dev
Hi all,

We're glad to announce that version 2.8.0 of Oppia is now live!

This is a large release that introduces editor views for questions, skills, topics and stories. These features aren't broadly available yet, since we are still testing them and ironing out the remaining workflow issues, but they represent a first step towards expanding Oppia's functionality to include practice sessions and a better taxonomy of lessons. Many thanks to Akshay Anand, Tony Jiang, and the new structures team for their excellent work on these features!

This release also includes many improvements and bug fixes. Please see the changelog for the full details.

We are also excited to welcome new contributors Amey Kudari, Dharmesh Poddar, Eric Lou, John Prince Mesape, Luis Ulloa, Ujjwal Gulecha, and Varun Tandon -- this is the first release that contains their work!

Many thanks, also, to Abhay Gupta, Akshay Anand, Ankita Saxena, Anubhav Sinha, Apurv Bajaj, Ben Henning, Brian Rodriguez, Kevin Lee, Mohammad Zaman, Nithesh N. Hariharan, Nitish Bansal, Rakshit Kumar, Rishav Chakraborty, Sandeep Dubey, Sean Lip, Vinita Murthi, Vojtěch Jelínek, and Yash Jipkate, our returning contributors who made this release possible.

Finally, I'd like to thank Akshay Anand, Ben Henning, Vibhor Agarwal, Anubhav Sinha, Rakshit Kumar, Yash Jipkate, Ankita Saxena, Eric Lou and Varun Tandon for their help with pre-release testing and QA. Thanks to their efforts, we were able to find and fix some critical bugs before releasing! Also, thanks to Akshay for leading the QA team for this release, and to Ben for coordinating a large part of the release preparation.

Thanks,
Sean