Announcing release 2.8.8 of Oppia

Sandeep Dubey

Dec 30, 2019, 9:13:20 AM12/30/19
to oppia-dev
Hi all,

The main changes in this release are adding Ga and Akan languages as supported audio language, migration of more services to Angular8 and many bug fixes and UI improvements.

Please welcome Nishant Mittal, Paloma Oliveira, Shubha Rajan, Tyler Ishikawa, Viktor Pishuk & Vinit Dantkale for whom this release marks their first contribution to Oppia!

Thanks to Abhith Krishna, Akshay Anand, Ankita Saxena, Anshul Hudda, Brian Rodriguez, Chris Skalnik, James James, Kevin Lee, Kevin Thomas, Mariana Zangrossi, Mohammad Zaman, Nadin Tamer, Nitish Bansal, Rishabh Rawat, Sagang Wee, Sean Lip, Stefanie Muroya, Varun Tandon, Vojtěch Jelínek & Will Li, our returning contributors who made this release possible.

Finally, I'd like to thank Akshay Anand, Ankita Saxena, Nishant Mittal & Rishabh Rawat for their help with pre-release testing, bug-fixing, and QA, as well as Nithesh N. Hariharan for leading the QA team for this release.

Thanks,
Sandeep