Downloading your Radio2 archive

Dave Winer

Nov 23, 2011, 5:09:53 PM11/23/11
to opml...@googlegroups.com, frontier-user
The next step is to make it possible for a user to download the archive of his or her linkblog to a local computer as a structured folder of RSS 2.0 files.

http://worknotes.scripting.com/november2011/112311ByDw/downloadingYourRadio2Archive

Dave

Adam Curry

Nov 23, 2011, 6:56:14 PM11/23/11
to opml-dev
Tested. Works beautifully. I have multiple feeds, everything came down
as expected.

One thought, if using radio2 for podcasting, a nice option would be to
also download associated enclosures.
Definitely optional though, since it could fill up a drive fast in my
case if unprepared for the amount of data :-)

AC

> http://worknotes.scripting.com/november2011/112311ByDw/downloadingYou...
>
> Dave

Dave Winer

Nov 23, 2011, 7:17:04 PM11/23/11
to opml...@googlegroups.com
That's a great idea. I'm adding the code to download enclosures.

Think about it this way -- what's the point of dowloading the whole linkblog if you don't also download the enclosures?

You lose a lot of podcasts that way.

Dave

Dave Winer

Nov 23, 2011, 7:51:11 PM11/23/11