Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Frans Meulenbroeks

no leída,
1 feb 2009, 3:17:26 p.m.1/2/2009
para opkg-devel
Hi,

While doing an opkg upgrade gnome-icon-theme on beagle board I get an
out of memory problem. RAM in the system is 256 MB; I already killed
all unneeded apps.

I've been asked to pst an strace of the request. This one is at:
http://filebin.ca/nynzpr/strace.opkg.log
(it is 3.5 MB)

I also did a quick peek at the code and mainly at libbb/unarchive.c
I've not completely gone through the code, but I feel that not all
alloced data is always freed.

e.g. around line 199 I see:
if (mknod(full_name, file_entry->mode,
file_entry->device) == -1) {
if ((function &
extract_quiet) != extract_quiet) {
perror_msg("Cannot
create node %s", file_entry->name);
}
return NULL;

no freeing of full_name, although it is dynamically allocated at line
101:
full_name = xmalloc(strlen(prefix) + strlen(path) + 1);
or at line 110:
full_name = strdup(file_entry->name);
depending on the if statement a few lines before it.

Guess there are other places where this leak shows up.
Maybe an idea to run the tool with a memory leakage detection tool?

Anyway, hope this helps. If you need more info do not hesitate to
contact me directly (I'm not subscribed to this list).

FM.

Tick

no leída,
5 feb 2009, 1:17:10 a.m.5/2/2009
para opkg-devel
Hi FM,
Yes you are right. There indeed have some memory leaks.
I am considering removing the xmalloc stuff and take some time
reviewing the memory leak.
For opkg-cl it's okay, however, if you want to use libopkg, these
memory leak should be handle carefully.

Any patch reducing memory leak is very welcomed. :)

Cheers,
Tick

On 2月2日, 上午4時17分, Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbro...@gmail.com>
wrote: