[opkg-devel] opkg 0.6.0 released

Alex Stewart

Jun 2, 2022, 12:47:34 PM6/2/22
to opkg-...@googlegroups.com
Hey list,

I've just pushed the refs for the opkg v0.6.0 release to the yocto git
mirror [1].

This release includes a handful of substantial changes to opkg's
behavior, which are outlined in the partial Changelog below.

The sources will be mirrored on the yocto source mirror [2] soon, and
then I'll put up a patchset to the OE-core list to update their opkg
recipe (assuming that no one beats me to it like last time. :) )

Release Notes for opkg-0.6.0
====

### Changed
- When using package signature verification, the signature file is now
only downloaded when (a) it is not present in the local cache or (b) the
package file must be downloaded again. This makes signature verification
more reliable in cases where the connection to the package feed is
unreliable, or stored on a removable device that is not always connected.
- Package `pre-depends` are now recorded in the opkg `status` file.
- Package `pre-depends` are now considered when removing packages. Opkg
will now (correctly) fail, when the user asks to remove a package which
is a pre-depends of another installed package.
- libsolv will now return a solver error if the user asks to install a
package which does not exist in the feeds.
- The `opkg search` command now prints a newline character at the end of
its output when the search path cannot be found - which looks a little
nicer when using opkg interactively.

[1]
https://git.yoctoproject.org/opkg/commit/?h=v0.6.0&id=9007789c18f70bc9f315a566c589231ef0a2e6fa
[2] http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/opkg/

Thanks to everyone who contributed patches for this release!

--
Alex Stewart
Software Engineer - NI Real-Time OS

alex.s...@ni.com