Downloading updated version of OpEx

nealc...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2017, 12:11:35 PM10/3/17
to OpEx User Group

Hello,

I have been working to install OpEx (v1.0.0) on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64 bit system), but I have encountered reported errors (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/opex-user-group/ICBUdvc8UlA). It seems this may be corrected in the more recent versions of OpEx. The user support group main page directed me to this link: http://www.well.ox.ac.uk/opex. However, even while browsing from the UK using a VPN, I receive this message:

I have contacted both in...@well.ox.ac.uk and webm...@well.ox.ac.uk requesting access, but never received a response. Is there another way to download the most recently updated version of OpEx?

Thank you,

Neal Sharma

Shawn Yost

Oct 4, 2017, 5:07:38 AM10/4/17
to OpEx User Group
Hi Neal,
Sorry you are having problems with installing OpEx v1.0.0.  Unfortunately this version of OpEx has a problem with the 64 bit architecture. The installation should work for a 32 bit version of Ubuntu.  We are working on updating OpEx, which includes the installation of it. This new update (which we hope to have out later this year) should work on 64 bit and will have a few other updates to the software used in OpEx. Sorry again for the problems with OpEx's installation.

Thanks,
  Shawn