Ansible operator, molecule docs

Piya Attapatto

May 24, 2022, 6:38:51 AM5/24/22
to operator-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm working with an ansible operator and operator-sdk 1.20. I'm trying to use molecule in CI to test changes to CR's "locally" with kubernetes in docker.

From the docs, this seems like a solved problem (see here).

I don't seem to have the same molecule scenarios in a new operator project scaffolded from the 1.20 release of operator-sdk (i.e. running operator-sdk init --plugins=ansible.sdk.operatorframework.io/v1).

I see two scenarios which both use the delegated driver. Has support for kubernetes in docker been removed?

Instance Name │ Driver Name │ Provisioner Name │ Scenario Name │ Created │ Converged
cluster       │ delegated   │ ansible          │ default       │ false   │ false
cluster       │ delegated   │ ansible          │ kind          │ false   │ false

I also saw this GH issue which seems related https://github.com/operator-framework/operator-sdk/issues/3639

If doing CI with kind is still an option, is there a way I can scaffold the "old" molecule scenarios for a reference?

Thanks!
Piya