Helm Chart with Required Values

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz

Oct 25, 2021, 7:02:38 PM10/25/21
to Operator Framework
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to Operator SDK. It looks awesome. I have an existing helm chart I am trying to build an operator from. The helm chart has certain required values that a user must set when installing the chart (e.g. default passwords). When I try to initialize my operator I am getting errors like below.

WARN[0004] Using default RBAC rules: failed to generate RBAC rules: failed to get default manifest: failed to render chart templates: values don't meet the specifications of the schema(s) in the following chart(s):
mongodb:
- auth.password: Invalid type. Expected: string, given: null
postgresql:
- postgresqlPassword: Invalid type. Expected: string, given: null

What is the correct way to address this? Can a helm chart not have any required values?

TIA,

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz