Does operator-sdk support Helm Chart of Charts

Anil Kumar

Sep 30, 2021, 2:06:53 PM9/30/21
to Operator Framework
Hello Team,

We are using Helm to deploy our microservices, I am just doing some research to use K8s operator in our project to do the installation
along with monitoring capabilities on the different resources deployed like deploy, configmap, secret.

Does Helm based Operator support scaffolding a project for a Complex Helm chart which is "Chart of Charts" ?

https://sdk.operatorframework.io/docs/best-practices/best-practices/
This says that Operators should manage a single type of application. Will it not be good to create a Operator which does the deployment of Helm chart of charts?

Thanks & Regards
Anil