Major Governance Update: use CNCF template for Fedarated Projects

Austin Macdonald

Aug 4, 2022, 10:19:26 AM8/4/22
to Operator Framework
Hi everyone,

The Operator Framework Chairs have been discussing a major update to our Governance model. This is necessary because Operator Framework is an umbrella project composed of Subprojects, but the governance is not clear enough on how this should work. The CNCF provides a template for federated projects based on the Konveyor project.

We have a draft PR open to initiate public discussion. This PR will update the Governance document as well as the contributor ladder. https://github.com/operator-framework/community/pull/83

At this time, we are simply sharing the draft and inviting participation. The OF Chairs will continue to meet once a week on Wednesdays at 3pm Eastern to drive this forward. Everyone is invited to contribute tothe discussion on the PR and to come to the Governance Office Hour meetings.

Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/8415370125
Password: 77777