How should operator package upgrade Channels look like in v1?

Anik Bhattacharjee

Mar 27, 2023, 4:48:28 PM3/27/23
to operator-framework-olm-dev
Hey OLM Devs,

There's been a few ad hoc conversations about what operator package upgrade channels should look like for OLM v1, and there's rising consensus about having to rethink/redesign what channels mean for v1.

We want to start formalizing some of those discussions, but we'd like to first get everybody who cares about upgrade channels on a call and get on the same page about what we're thinking + read the room for what avenues will be appropriate for exploring further.

Please join us for a brainstorming session this week on Wednesday 9:00 am EST in the following location

Meeting Password: 77777
Meeting Time: Wednesday(March 29th) 9:00-10:00am EST

Anik Bhattacharjee

Software Engineer - Openshift

Red Hat

300 A Street

Boston, MA 02210

Piotr Godowski

Mar 27, 2023, 5:05:17 PM3/27/23
to Anik Bhattacharjee, operator-framework-olm-dev
Thank you - is there any pre-read before the meeting to digest and come prepared?

Thanks,
Piotr.

Piotr Godowski
<piotr.g...@gmail.com>

Anik Bhattacharjee

Mar 28, 2023, 5:17:15 PM3/28/23
to Piotr Godowski, operator-framework-olm-dev
Piotr,

That's a good question. Apologies for not adding more details earlier, but so far all we have in the concrete form is this chat:

The goal of the meeting is to assess if this is the right time to create more concrete materials (readable proposals/prototypes etc) in this direction.

Hope this is helpful.