flash/streaming video downloads

vasga...@yahoo.gr

Feb 27, 2013, 6:03:34 AM2/27/13
i really like opera!it is a fast and reliable web browser.it has built-in features like opera turbo,speed-dial,tab preview on hovering,tab stacking that other browsers lack or have as add-ons,compromising speed and consyming system resources.
but there is a feature that i miss in opera and i think is a main reason that people use firefox or chrome.it hasn't got a reliable flash/streaming video downloaer that apples in all (or the most) video and tube sites!there is only on plugin(FVD) that is discontinued and not very helpful I'm afraid!firefox has at least excellent tools(flashgot and videodownloadhelper),chrome has e.g fvd video downloader for chrome(has some issues),even maxthon has a very good video grabber that captures almost all streaming videos!!a new browser (torch browser)that looks very much like chrome/chromium has an excellent video downloader and if you see softpedia stats it is gaining followers quickly!!
i think it is a major drawback for opera that undermines its choice as a browser tht wants to get into the top. if you sdevelop a built-in download tool for capturing streaming videos,you will be able even to increase the number of your users dramatically!!!

wolfgang bauer

Mar 29, 2013, 3:55:25 AM3/29/13
vasga...@yahoo.gr schrieb:

> i really like opera!it is a fast and reliable web browser.it has built-in features like opera turbo,speed-dial,tab preview on hovering,tab stacking that other browsers lack or have as add-ons,compromising speed and consyming system resources.
> but there is a feature that i miss in opera and i think is a main reason that people use firefox or chrome.it hasn't got a reliable flash/streaming video downloaer that apples in all (or the most) video and tube sites!there is only on plugin(FVD) that is discontinued and not very helpful I'm afraid!firefox has at least excellent tools(flashgot and videodownloadhelper),chrome has e.g fvd video downloader for chrome(has some issues),even maxthon has a very good video grabber that captures almost all streaming videos!!a new browser (torch browser)that looks very much like chrome/chromium has an excellent video downloader and if you see softpedia stats it is gaining followers quickly!!
> i think it is a major drawback for opera that undermines its choice as a browser tht wants to get into the top. if you sdevelop a built-in download tool for capturing streaming videos,you will be able even to increase the number of your users dramatically!!!

I agree. Something like Downthemall, Downloadhelper or "Download Flash &
Video" from Firefox would be great. Except one or two
youtube-downloaders there is nothing really useful to find in opera or
in the addon-list.

--
Gruss