Dump the Presto engine and Start over

consu...@someplace.com

Feb 5, 2013, 3:56:45 AM2/5/13
Opera has never worked properly since it's first version. The Presto
engine upon which it was built is mostly at fault. Year after year,
Opera creates new versions and only adds more useless bloat and other
garbage like widgets. Yet the unstableness of Opera in general is never
addressed, and the outdated and crash prone Presto engine continues to
be used to create a very poor product. It also does not render pages
correctly. Opera never will be debugged, because all it consists of is
more garbage added to a weak and defective browser. Opera should have
been redesigned from scratch years ago, but it just keeps adding
worthless features to a poorly designed product.

Since this is the "wishlist", I wish Opera would trash the Presto
engine, and start over. It really dont much matter to me personally,
since there are far better browsers available, but it's really senseless
to keep developing a product with a very weak foundation.

Either start over, with a new engine, or abandon Opera entirely. It's
severely flawed and quite worthless as it stands now. How many more
years will it take to realize this?

Aaron W. Hsu

Feb 24, 2013, 11:23:19 PM2/24/13
consu...@someplace.com writes:

>Since this is the "wishlist", I wish Opera would trash the Presto
>engine, and start over. It really dont much matter to me personally,
>since there are far better browsers available, but it's really senseless
>to keep developing a product with a very weak foundation.

Congratulations, Opera is actually doing just that. They are
switching their products away from the Presto engine and are
starting to use WebKit.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arc...@sacrideo.us | http://www.sacrideo.us
לֵ֤ב חֲכָמִים֙ בְּבֵ֣ית אֵ֔בֶל וְלֵ֥ב כְּסִילִ֖ים בְּבֵ֥ית שִׂמְחָֽה׃