multiple dictionaries for spellchecker

Thomas Paulsen

Apr 13, 2011, 3:17:41 PM4/13/11
It would be very nice not only to be able to /install/ mutliple
dictionaries for the spell checker but to have them active, too.

Since I write german, english and sometimes french stuff the
spellchecker with only one active dictionary is not very useful for me.
Sure, I could switch the dictionary every time. But the advantage of
maybe discovering a mistyped word doesn't outweight switching
dictionaries all the time.

I know from claws-mail that it is possible to spellcheck for multiple
languages at once. :)

Best regards
Thomas

RavanH

Apr 14, 2011, 3:32:02 AM4/14/11

+1

But rather than combining different dictionaries (which might cause
confusion when a word in one language is false but valid in another
then gets accepted as valid in all languages) I would suggest
"Automatic language detection" and subsequent auto-switch to the
appropriate dictionary.

In any case: a must for anyone writing in multiple languages when
using spell-check...

Boris Schaeling

Jun 24, 2011, 5:24:49 PM6/24/11
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:32:02 +0200, RavanH <ravan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]But rather than combining different dictionaries (which might cause

> confusion when a word in one language is false but valid in another
> then gets accepted as valid in all languages) I would suggest
> "Automatic language detection" and subsequent auto-switch to the
> appropriate dictionary.

+1!

I asked for this already in 2009 and proposed looking at the lang
attribute in HTML (which should be even easier than automatic language
detection):
http://groups.google.com/group/opera.beta/browse_thread/thread/98a1226d9fe005bf

Boris