Identity (password) manager

Robert

Jul 2, 2011, 7:00:02 AM7/2/11

I wish to have an Identity (password) manager like "Roboform" which could
be used for multiple identities. Unfortunately the Roboform widget doesn't
work in Opera...

Another suggestion would be to have a "post cancellation" possibility in
case a post, whether to a newsgroup or an email, is send and one rather
would like to revoke the post...

Thanks for Opera, like it a lot.

Robert.

http://www.opera.com/mail/

Whiskers

Jul 2, 2011, 9:40:04 AM7/2/11
On 2011-07-02, Robert <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish to have an Identity (password) manager like "Roboform" which could
> be used for multiple identities. Unfortunately the Roboform widget doesn't
> work in Opera...

Can't you get what you want using Opera's own built-in password manager?
(It used to be called 'Wand' but they seem to have dropped that name
recently). When I go to a login page where I have more than one
'identity', Opera's password manager shows me a list of identities to
choose from. It works very well for me.

> Another suggestion would be to have a "post cancellation" possibility in
> case a post, whether to a newsgroup or an email, is send and one rather
> would like to revoke the post...

Usenet does have a 'cancel message' option, but it was so badly abused
that news-servers rarely act on them now. For example
<http://www.individual.net/faq.php#1.12>. So it's not unusual for current
news-reader programs not to offer the user the option.

There never has been such a thing on the email system.

[...]

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Robert

Jul 2, 2011, 10:57:19 AM7/2/11
Op Sat, 02 Jul 2011 15:40:04 +0200 schreef Whiskers
<catwh...@operamail.com>:

> On 2011-07-02, Robert <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:

I mean not to have a drop down combo as in Opera 10.50,
I would like to have all available fields inserted in
just click, Roboform does just that.

I didn't mean just one or two identities but a dozen or so, with
adjustable fields depending on the site...

More than one person might use Opera and might be in need of some
additional identities as well.

Well it would have been nice to have the means to cancel a post.
How many times hasn't a message been sent that ought not to have gone
out... :D

Robert.

Jarvis

Jul 3, 2011, 11:07:17 AM7/3/11
On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 15:57:19 +0100, Robert <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well it would have been nice to have the means to cancel a post.
> How many times hasn't a message been sent that ought not to have gone
> out...

There is such a function in Opera - you have to go to All Messages -->
Sent and find your post there. Then right-click and choose "Cancel Post".

--
Jarvis

Robert

Jul 3, 2011, 5:49:13 PM7/3/11
Thanks for the reaction.

I thought it worth a try, but found that the article sent isn't being
revoked, it's only being "redirected"...

Robert

Op Sun, 03 Jul 2011 17:07:17 +0200 schreef Jarvis