Security protocols supported by older Opera versions

Martin Leese

Apr 29, 2020, 6:50:28 PM4/29/20

I have an old computer running Opera 22.0
under Windows XP. What security protocols
(TLS 1.3 or whatever) does Opera Version
22.0 support? Alternatively, where can I
find this information in the Opera menus?
I have looked but could not find.

Also, my understanding is that the latest
version of Opera that can run under Windows
XP is Version 36.0. What security protocols
does Version 36.0 support?

--
Many thanks,
Martin Leese

JJ

Apr 30, 2020, 6:05:42 AM4/30/20
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:50:19 -0600, Martin Leese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an old computer running Opera 22.0
> under Windows XP. What security protocols
> (TLS 1.3 or whatever) does Opera Version
> 22.0 support? Alternatively, where can I
> find this information in the Opera menus?
> I have looked but could not find.
>
> Also, my understanding is that the latest
> version of Opera that can run under Windows
> XP is Version 36.0. What security protocols
> does Version 36.0 support?

Visit below site page to test the browser capability regarding security
protocols.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Martin Leese

Jun 19, 2020, 9:11:49 PM6/19/20
I thought I would post a follow-up in case
anybody needs it. Opera versions 22.0 and
36.0 both support the following security
protocols:
TLS 1.2/1.1/1.0 + SSL3

Using the website above introduces a
Catch-22. The website only supports TLS
1.3/1.2 so, to discover that your browser
does not support either of these, your
browser needs to support at least one of
them.

--
Regards,