Opera have problems with fonts rendering

Wojciech A. Koszek

May 1, 2011, 8:46:32 AM5/1/11

I use Opera 11.10. I have noticed that a lot of sites use less common
fonts. Example:

http://brooksreview.net/2011/04/mimics/

I can open such a site in one tab. Result:

http://freebsd.czest.pl/~wkoszek/stuff/opera/opera1.png

Next I switch to different tabs to work there. From time to time,
without any specific action, when I get back to the tab mentioned,
fonts are rendered wrongly:

http://freebsd.czest.pl/~wkoszek/stuff/opera/opera1.png
http://freebsd.czest.pl/~wkoszek/stuff/opera/opera1.png

Am I the only one who sees that?

My Opera:
Wersja 11.10
Kompilacja 2092
Platforma Linux
System i686, 2.6.32-31-generic

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
wko...@FreeBSD.org

Wojciech A. Koszek

May 22, 2011, 9:07:32 AM5/22/11
Dnia 01-05-2011 o 14:46:32 Wojciech A. Koszek <wko...@freebsd.czest.pl>
napisał(a):

> Hi,

Hi,

This is yet another site that shows signs of the same problem:

http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/

Fonts are very often badly rendered here.

And this is with Opera 11.11 on Ubuntu.

Wojciech

Renato - Chile

Jun 9, 2011, 5:55:57 PM6/9/11
I've seen this same issue in a webpage using fonts from Google:
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Droid
+Sans:regular,bold' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Sometimes the fonts look funny (like the screenshots taken by Wojciech
A. Koszek, which should end in 'opera2.png' and 'opera3.png') and
other times all the text just disappears.

Maybe some optimization thing if you're not looking at a tab with that
kind of fonts for a few minutes?

It happens to me using Opera 11 in both Linux and Windows.

Is it a bug in Opera?

--

Renato Valenzuela