How to import settings ?

Phil

May 17, 2010, 6:57:15 AM5/17/10
I use Thunderbird, and when I went to import settings it imported ONE of
the dozen or so of the accounts, and it doesn't seem to want to do the
rest. I tried to put a couple of the others in manually, but failed with
both. One gmail and one live.co.uk address
Could anyone help ?

Phil

May 21, 2010, 9:01:21 AM5/21/10
My....lots of help here.
I'd get more if I hadn't asked ....

Whiskers

May 21, 2010, 11:27:57 AM5/21/10

Operamail doesn't have an option to 'import settings' or 'export
settings'; it can import and export some 'address books' though. So it
isn't clear what sort of help you're looking for. This is probably not a
good place for help with Thunderbird ... for that matter, it's the wrong
place for help with Opera's own built-in mail+news client (which is
discussed in opera.mail+news where you'll find people popping in every
day, unlike this place). ;))

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Phil

May 24, 2010, 2:34:17 PM5/24/10

No offence, but I'd say it's blindingly obvious, not unclear.
Thanks anyway. Went back to Thunderbird while shaking my head in baffled
amusement, have been astonished at Opera Mail's claim to be "easiest" to
set up !
I'd say at the OTHER end, not easiest.

Whiskers

May 25, 2010, 10:13:19 AM5/25/10
[Cross-posted and Followup-To opera.mail+news]

OK, that does seem to have confirmed that you are having trouble with the
mail client in the Opera browser, not with the Operamail webmail service;
so I've cross-posted and set the Followup-To to the appropriate newsgroup.

Now, if you were to say exactly what it is that you are trying to import
from what into what, and exactly what happens when you try, you might even
yet get a good answer.