Transferring Opera Mail to Another OS

已查看 6 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Paul Bartlett

未读,
2014年3月8日 14:06:442014/3/8
收件人
Reluctantly but finally (with only a few minor exceptions), I ditched
Opera as a browser. However, I had >4500 emails and NG posts in my mail
store, so I installed the standalone email client, which works the same
way (and, I speculate, will never be upgraded).

Like millions of people (whether Micro$oft likes it or not), I am on
Windows XP. With M$ dropping support, I have to make a choice very soon.
Win 8 looks like a true dog, and I don't want to have anything to do with
it. It is the worst interface I have ever seen since my first experience
with computers in 1968 using punch cards(!) and a line printer.

I might be able to find a copy of Win 7 on the market, or I can go with
something like Linux in a new partition. Unfortunately, Opera Mail will
not run under Linux, so I would have to migrate to something like
Thunderbird under Linux or else try to migrate to Win 7, if I could
install it. (Whether I could run O Mail in WINE I don't know.)

Either approach looks like it could be a *lot* of work, and in either
case, I am not sure how to migrate the mail. Does anyone have any
experience or suggestions for dealing with a scenario like this? Much
appreciated.

--
Paul Bartlett
0 个新帖子