Superfluous Lines from Quoted Gmail Posts in NG

Paul Bartlett

Feb 20, 2013, 2:37:32 PM2/20/13
Win/32 XP Pro SP3 / O 12.14 b 1738

One newsgroup I read with Opera (soc.culture.esperanto, but I suspect it
could be any newsgroup) has some regular participants who post from Gmail
accounts. If someone else quotes and replies to one of those posts, when I
open the reply post in Opera there are many superfluous quoted lines which
are always blank. The deeper the level of quoting the more and more
superfluous blank quoted lines there are. If I choose to make a reply of
my own, then to avoid filling up other people's screens with empty lines I
have to trim out all this junk. Are other people experiencing this? Is
there any way to avoid all these empty lines? It only seems to happen with
quoted/replied_to posts originally from Gmail. Thanks.

--
Paul Bartlett

Whiskers

Feb 21, 2013, 11:22:08 AM2/21/13
Gmail has nothing to do with it; the problem is with articles posted using
the latest Google Groups web forum system. Any and all usenet newsgroups
are affected by it. It is indeed a nuisance.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Paul Bartlett

Feb 21, 2013, 5:48:27 PM2/21/13
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:22:08 -0500, Whiskers <catwh...@operamail.com>
wrote:

> On 2013-02-20, Paul Bartlett <bart...@panix.com> wrote:
>> Win/32 XP Pro SP3 / O 12.14 b 1738
>>
>> One newsgroup I read with Opera (soc.culture.esperanto, but I suspect it
>> could be any newsgroup) has some regular participants who post from
>> Gmail
>> accounts. If someone else quotes and replies to one of those posts,
>> when I
>> open the reply post in Opera there are many superfluous quoted lines
>> which
>> are always blank. [trim]

> Gmail has nothing to do with it; the problem is with articles posted
> using
> the latest Google Groups web forum system. Any and all usenet newsgroups
> are affected by it. It is indeed a nuisance.

Thanks for the word.

--
Paul Bartlett

Whiskers

Feb 22, 2013, 4:40:59 PM2/22/13
Seems that Opera has some quoting/wrapping problems too, judging from the
way your reply looks here. (Infinitely long lines are another fault
sometimes seen in posts from Opera).