Setting up multiple identities

Warren Post

Dec 30, 2011, 10:25:27 PM12/30/11
I'm trying to set up multiple identities, or "From:" choices in compose
mode, per these instructions:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=774690

It works, with the caveat that sent messages are only available in Opera's
local Sent view. What I want is to have them added to my main IMAP
account's Inbox. What I tried is adding my incoming server information as
well. That achieves what I want, at the cost of now having a second copy
of my main IMAP account. And so on for each of the multiple identities I
want to add -- and I want to add 14 more, so that duplication is really
going to add up.

Is there a more elegant way to do what I want?

I'm using Opera 11.60 on Linux, and have written up detailed notes to date
here:

http://my.opera.com/wpost/blog/opera-mail-multi-id

--
Warren Post