Upgradin from 12.16 t0 35

Charles Lindsey

Feb 27, 2016, 4:26:00 PM2/27/16
How can I go about this? I want to preserve all my settings (including
mail).

I have downloaded it, but when I try to install, it requires me first of
all to uninstall the existing version, which sounds a bit dangerous. I
would obviously keep a copy of the old .opera, but how much of that would
be understood by the new version?

--
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing ------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl

Jorgen Grahn

Feb 27, 2016, 5:35:18 PM2/27/16
On Sat, 2016-02-27, Charles Lindsey wrote:
> How can I go about this?

Not sure what "this" is, but it's an upgrade of some kind.

> I want to preserve all my settings (including
> mail).
>
> I have downloaded it, but when I try to install, it requires me first of
> all to uninstall the existing version, which sounds a bit dangerous. I
> would obviously keep a copy of the old .opera, but how much of that would
> be understood by the new version?

Just take a backup copy of .opera, then remove it after you've seen
that the important settings (and stored passwords, cookies etc) are
understood by the new version.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

JL McClellan

Feb 27, 2016, 7:29:33 PM2/27/16
Charles Lindsey wrote:

> How can I go about this? I want to preserve all my settings
> (including mail).
>
> I have downloaded it, but when I try to install, it requires me
> first of all to uninstall the existing version, which sounds a
> bit dangerous. I would obviously keep a copy of the old .opera,
> but how much of that would be understood by the new version?

I did this yesterday and found that 35 does not have mail for
Linux, so I reinstalled 12.16. All of my bookmarks, etc, were
still in place.

JL McClellan
apprentice Unic
resident pygalge

RavanH

Mar 5, 2016, 11:39:23 AM3/5/16
Do not upgrade if you want to continue using Opera Mail. It was removed after version 12.

Happy Oyster

Mar 6, 2016, 10:59:08 AM3/6/16
On 27 Feb 2016 21:25:59 GMT, Charles Lindsey <c...@clerew.man.ac.uk>
wrote:

>How can I go about this? I want to preserve all my settings (including
>mail).
>
>I have downloaded it, but when I try to install, it requires me first of
>all to uninstall the existing version, which sounds a bit dangerous. I
>would obviously keep a copy of the old .opera, but how much of that would
>be understood by the new version?

Opera 35 is a spying piece of shit.
--
Homöopathie ist nichts als Hütchenspielerbetrug und organisierte Kriminalität
http://ariplex.com/folia/archives/565.htm http://ariplex.com/folia/archives/570.htm

Charles Lindsey

Mar 24, 2016, 1:00:43 PM3/24/16
On Sat, 05 Mar 2016 08:39:22 -0800, RavanH wrote:

> Do not upgrade if you want to continue using Opera Mail. It was removed
> after version 12.

Yes, but I understand that it was replaced by a standalone Mail Client.
Can this Mail Client be made to take over the mail settings and stored
mail from a version 12 Opera Browser?