Hotlist save error after new HD install

Troy

May 31, 2004, 6:03:10 PM5/31/04
A while back I installed a new HD for programs and data and wiped my old
drive and reinstalled everything. I backed up everything I needed for
opera, but now when I try to make *any* changes in the hotlist I get an
error message:

Could not save hotlist file
file exists

C:\windows\profiles...\profile\notes.adr

I have used notes as an example. I cannot save any changes to contacts,
bookmarks or notes. This has not been terribly annoying till now. Opera
will not save my spam settings!

I have gone through the ini files and changed paths that needed to be
changed in 7.23, and the problem persists in 7.5 (installed in a new
directory). I am at the end of what I know to do.

--
Troy

Steve Gunhouse

May 31, 2004, 11:47:32 PM5/31/04

Did you back it up on a CD-ROM? Unfortunately, any file copied off of a CD
is marked as "Read only" in Windows. If there are no other issues, fixing
it isn't hard - find the file in Explorer, right-click and select
Properties, then uncheck Read only. That should fix it.

Troy

Jun 1, 2004, 12:23:14 AM6/1/04

Had to double check... None of the files are marked read-only.

--
Troy