opera rants with most https servers

Jean-Pierre Coulon

May 1, 2020, 6:54:43 AM5/1/20
It says unvalid certificate. It offer to continue but forgets I have
clicked on "continue" at my next opera sessions.

How can add this certificate to the list Opera likes?

Bye,

--
Jean-Pierre Coulon

JJ

May 2, 2020, 10:39:22 AM5/2/20
On Fri, 1 May 2020 12:54:40 +0200, Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
> It says unvalid certificate. It offer to continue but forgets I have
> clicked on "continue" at my next opera sessions.
>
> How can add this certificate to the list Opera likes?
>
> Bye,

Opera (Presto) doesn't support newer security cryptography algorithm which
is used by almost all secure sites.

The only solution is to use local proxy application that basically convert
new HTTPS to old HTTPS. Or those that convert HTTPS to HTTP. But the latter
one is problematic.

For me, I use ProxHTTPSProxyMII which is designed to be used with
Proxomitron filtering local proxy application. Not all HTTPS sites will be
usable, but most will.

https://github.com/wheever/ProxHTTPSProxyMII

Robert Carnegie

May 4, 2020, 5:59:41 PM5/4/20
On Friday, 1 May 2020 11:54:43 UTC+1, Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
> It says unvalid certificate. It offer to continue but forgets I have
> clicked on "continue" at my next opera sessions.
>
> How can add this certificate to the list Opera likes?

I'm no longer using the "old" Opera version, and it does have
security risks.

However, I found this by looking online for (opera brownser certificate)

<http://www.trustis.com/pki/healthcare/support/certinstall/certinstall_opera.htm>

Probably there are more informative web pages like that.

It is dated 2010 so it is certainly for an old Opera version...
and pictures that were included are missing, but you probably
can follow the process without them.

However, you would still need to get some new certificates.
It seems that yours have reached their expiration date.

Opera used to maintain a supply of updated certificates...
and they usually come when you update the browser software...