Opera do not show sended mails in threaded view

Viktor Cemasko

Jun 23, 2009, 12:24:37 PM6/23/09
Greetings,

first, sorry for my English.

If I use threaded view, I can not see earlier sent mails in Sent
folder/view or in any Filter.
I see near Sent label (0 unread, 2 total).
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4769/threaded.png

If I set Flat view everything is fine, but only in Sent folder/view.
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/49/flat.png

Is it normal or I have "misconfigured" my Opera?

Opera 10.00 Internal. Build 4440 for SunOS. Qt library 3.3.4.

TIA. Have a nice day!
--
Üdvözlettel, http://opensolaris.org/os/project/indiana/
Cemasko Viktor. http://www.opera.com/browser/

Dan

Jun 23, 2009, 1:08:29 PM6/23/09
I am having the same problem in 10.00 Beta build 1589 for Windows.

--
Dan
XP SP3 Opera 10.00 Beta 1589

Viktor Cemasko

Jun 23, 2009, 2:16:30 PM6/23/09
Greetings Dan,

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:08:29 +0200, Dan <dth...@uniairproducts.com> wrote:

> I am having the same problem in 10.00 Beta build 1589 for Windows.

thank You for comment. I submitted a bug report on
https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/.

Have a nice day!

With best regards,

Ruari Ødegaard

Jun 29, 2009, 4:51:58 AM6/29/09
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:45:06 +0200, Ruari Ødegaard <plfl...@ruari.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:16:30 +0200, Viktor Cemasko
> <cem...@fibermail.hu> wrote:
>
>> Greetings Dan,
>>
>> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:08:29 +0200, Dan <dth...@uniairproducts.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am having the same problem in 10.00 Beta build 1589 for Windows.
>

> I have never seen this issue reported on Windows. Indeed it only showed
> on non-intel achitectures as far as I was aware. Do you still have this
> issue when using the latest Windows snapshot? See:
>
> http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

>> thank You for comment. I submitted a bug report on
>> https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/.
>>
>> Have a nice day!
>>

> Yep, we were aware of this, however we do appreciate the the time you
> took to report the bug. Thanks for that, reporting stuff via the wizard
> really helps does help us to make things better. Even where we already
> have the bug in the system we often look at duplicate bug reports to get
> a rough idea of how many people are hitting a given bug and many times
> the duplicated reports contain better or more complete discriptions of
> the issue than that of the first reporter.
>
> The master bug for this is "[DSK-226853] Threaded mail view showed as
> Flat, and Period didn't work on PowerPC and SPARC". As you can see from
> the title this was not just a Solaris problem as PPC Mac and PPC Linux
> users where also affected. You will however be glad to know that this is
> now fixed. The snaphot we put out on Friday, 24. April 2009 (and every
> subsequent snapshot) includes the fix. This is good for the PPC Mac and
> PPC Linux users, though unfortunately we haven't provided a Sparc
> Solaris package publically since this was fixed so no luck for our
> Solaris users ... yet. However the next Sparc Solaris package we provide
> will be fixed. Internal Solaris Sparc builds I have tested no longer
> have this problem.

Ok, I guess I replied too fast. Two corrections.

1. We *have* put out Solaris builds (I forgot the unite labs release)
2. Going back to your original posting (which was sniped above) you
mention build 4440 (Unite build). This *should* have included the fix you
mention.

Given you are using a build where this should have been fixed and Dan's
comment about Windows I will look into this again and see if I can work
out what is going on. Sorry for not paying full attention the first time.

--
My email address is valid but will expire. Contact details are always
available for me on http://ruari.com/. Yes I am an Opera employee, see:

Ruari Ødegaard

Jun 29, 2009, 4:45:06 AM6/29/09
to Viktor Cemasko
wrote:

> Greetings Dan,

> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:08:29 +0200, Dan <dth...@uniairproducts.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am having the same problem in 10.00 Beta build 1589 for Windows.

I have never seen this issue reported on Windows. Indeed it only showed on

non-intel achitectures as far as I was aware. Do you still have this issue
when using the latest Windows snapshot? See:

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

> thank You for comment. I submitted a bug report on

> https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/.
>
> Have a nice day!

Yep, we were aware of this, however we do appreciate the the time you took

to report the bug. Thanks for that, reporting stuff via the wizard really
helps does help us to make things better. Even where we already have the
bug in the system we often look at duplicate bug reports to get a rough
idea of how many people are hitting a given bug and many times the
duplicated reports contain better or more complete discriptions of the
issue than that of the first reporter.

The master bug for this is "[DSK-226853] Threaded mail view showed as
Flat, and Period didn't work on PowerPC and SPARC". As you can see from
the title this was not just a Solaris problem as PPC Mac and PPC Linux
users where also affected. You will however be glad to know that this is
now fixed. The snaphot we put out on Friday, 24. April 2009 (and every
subsequent snapshot) includes the fix. This is good for the PPC Mac and
PPC Linux users, though unfortunately we haven't provided a Sparc Solaris
package publically since this was fixed so no luck for our Solaris users
... yet. However the next Sparc Solaris package we provide will be fixed.
Internal Solaris Sparc builds I have tested no longer have this problem.

Viktor Cemasko

Jun 29, 2009, 11:49:57 AM6/29/09
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:51:58 +0200, Ruari Ødegaard <plfl...@ruari.com>
wrote:

No problemo. Thank You for Your attention and work!

Have a nice day!

Vincent Ouyang

Jul 16, 2009, 9:24:27 AM7/16/09
I am having the exact same problem. Only that i am using it on
windows.
it is Opera 10.00 1551.

sent mails does not show in thread, nor in any filters.
could not be returned by search using the "start search" on the left
hand side panel.

it only shows when you use "quick find" in the sent mails view.

very weird.

Dan

Aug 13, 2009, 8:09:01 AM8/13/09
Just upgraded to Beta 3 build 1703 and I am still having this problem.
Has there been any progress in a fix or is there something I need to do to
fix my install of Opera?

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 04:51:58 -0400, Ruari Ødegaard <plfl...@ruari.com>
wrote:

--
Dan
XP SP3 Opera 10.00 Beta 3 1703

Dan

Aug 25, 2009, 8:54:09 AM8/25/09
Just upgraded to Windows Release Candidate build 1733 on XP SP3 and I am
still having the problem of not seeing sent messages in the filters unless
I receive a response or I am responding to a received message. Has there
been any progress in a fix or is there something I need to do to fix my
install of Opera?

--
Dan
XP SP3 Opera 10.00 RC 1733

Dan

Sep 1, 2009, 7:42:47 AM9/1/09
Is anyone one at Opera listening to this post? You have released Opera
10.0 Final and I am still having the problem of not seeing sent messages
in the filters unless I receive a response or I am responding to a
received message. Is this going to be fixed for the Windows version or do
I need to do something on my computer to fix this problem?

Someone please help me. I am getting very discouraged in thinking that
Opera is going backward in the mail portion of Opera. I love Opera and
the design of filters, but I can't keep going with this problem.

--
Dan
XP SP3 Opera 10.00 1750

Dan

Nov 2, 2009, 11:46:28 AM11/2/09
Will I ever be able to see my sent messages in my filters with out having
to change to flat view first? I would have thought that this would have
been fixed already. I am using Opera 10.01 on Win XP SP3.

--
Dan
XP SP3 Opera 10.01 1844