Disabling specific COMMAND_CLASS queries for device

Buzz Data

May 31, 2011, 7:47:54 PM5/31/11
to OpenZWave
I've got a couple of Aeon Labs smart switches, very nice little
devices. One little complaint, however: queries for
COMMAND_CLASS_METER almost always time out, introducing an aggravating
delay. As I find the value at COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL to be
more than adequate, I would like to disable the COMMAND_CLASS_METER
query for this class of device. Is a facility already available to do
this? I'd like to avoid hacking the core code, as I may want to
introduce other metering devices into my Z-Wave network.

Greg Satz

May 31, 2011, 8:09:54 PM5/31/11
to open...@googlegroups.com
The minimote.xml file in config/aeon_labs contains an example to remove command class version and command class wake up. There are two different ways but one of them should do what you want for the smart switch. I created a aeon_labs/ses.xml for the smart switch configuration values. You would add the options to remove classes there.

Thanks,
Greg

Buzz Data

May 31, 2011, 9:00:47 PM5/31/11