FREE openXCenabler iPhone/iPad APP embedded Xcode project on Apple App Store!:*)

JOHNAVATAR.com

Jan 5, 2022, 7:15:44 PM1/5/22
to OpenXC

Hello Eric Marsman and everyone, Happy New Year!

openXCenabler App is on the Apple App Store, includes the full Xcode project embedded into the app, download to your desktop using the iTunes, or Music App File Sharing (upgraded to newest Swift).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/openxcenabler-lesson-02/id1598759167

I've uploaded to my JOHNAVATAR.com Apple App Store Developer account a fully functional iOS (iPhone, iPad) openXCenabler app that works with the FORD VI - OpenXC OBD2 CrossChasm C5 BLE VI.  It took me a while to get it working the first time, so I thought I could save some time for developers by offering it as a working download (Open Source).

The app contains the full Xcode Swift project, upgraded to current Swift and works on new Mac's (No need to do a Swift upgrade).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Visit my website for the link and view my other apps AND FREE MUSIC!

Robert Moore

JOHNAVATAR.com

USA CA 90402

Peter Riis Hansen

Jan 28, 2022, 1:05:09 PM1/28/22
to OpenXC
Hi Robert,
I try to use this App together with the openXC dongle(Ford Reference VI.) I just have received today.
I run it on an iPhone SE version 15.2.1
But the app can't connect to the dongle.

Is it because i have version 15.2.1 (bluetooth level/problem) on my iPhone?

Best regards,
Peter Riis Hansen

Eric Marsman

Feb 8, 2022, 1:58:48 PM2/8/22
to OpenXC
iOS only supports the C5 BLE device, not the Reference VI.

Android supports both Reference VI and the C5 BT & BLE devices.

Robert Moore JA

Feb 8, 2022, 2:12:57 PM2/8/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello Eric,

I did upload a working version of iOS openXCenabler App that works with the OpenXC CrossChasm C5 BLE VI, to my Apple Dev/App Store account for free download, it includes the full Xcode Project that can be download to desktop for anyone to use in their own project (Music App/iTunes File Share download).

openXCenabler
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/openxcenabler-lesson-02/id1598759167

<(•_•)>
Robert Moore
Silicon Beach Design Studio™ & LAB
JOHNAVATAR.com™
Pacific Palisades, CA 90402
USA

Email:  JohnA...@JohnAvatar.com

On Feb 8, 2022, at 10:58 AM, Eric Marsman <emar...@gmail.com> wrote:

iOS only supports the C5 BLE device, not the Reference VI.

Robert Moore JA

Feb 8, 2022, 2:14:24 PM2/8/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com, emar...@gmail.com
Hello Eric,

I did upload a working version of iOS openXCenabler App that works with the OpenXC CrossChasm C5 BLE VI, to my Apple Dev/App Store account for free download, it includes the full Xcode Project that can be download to desktop for anyone to use in their own project (Music App/iTunes File Share download).

openXCenabler

Thank you,

Peter Riis Hansen

Feb 9, 2022, 8:05:44 AM2/9/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,
As I remember you write a place that you have a C5 BLE device for sale.
Do you still have this and what would the price be on this?

Peter Riis Hansen (Denmark)

Peter Riis Hansen

Feb 9, 2022, 8:11:05 AM2/9/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Is it no longer possible to buy a C5 BLE device in your shop?

Peter Riis Hansen

Eric Marsman

Feb 9, 2022, 8:42:35 AM2/9/22
to OpenXC
I'm sorry, but that is correct. The manufacturer is no longer making those devices so we are not able to acquire more and we have run out of stock.

Peter Riis Hansen

Feb 9, 2022, 2:02:42 PM2/9/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
In my opinion, I would then think that this whole openXC project is dead, if we not can support an iPhone.
Or would it be possible to use another BLE dongle?

Peter

Pete Treman

Feb 9, 2022, 4:22:30 PM2/9/22
to OpenXC
Hi Peter,

The Open XC project is not dead, a new VI that will be compatible is in development and has been since we found out that the manufacture stopped making the previous one. Unfortunately this project got delayed due to current events and at this time I am unable to share a release date but I can guarantee it is being actively worked on.

In the short term if you feel comfortable with your soldering skills you could replace the Bluetooth chip on the board with a package compatible Bluetooth LE one,
You could take advantage of the serial pins on the reference vi to send the data to an iPhone,
You can use the python library on an raspberry pi and write a quick script to send the data to an iOS device via wifi or BTLE.

Peter Riis Hansen

Feb 22, 2022, 9:58:07 AM2/22/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,
Then I'm back again.
Can the openXC not be used with other hardware = dongle which you sell?
Are there demands to which processor the Firmware should be complied to? (Arduino)
Regards
Peter

Virusfri. www.avg.com