j1939 protocol connection

Augusto Pinto

Dec 15, 2020, 2:22:08 PM12/15/20
to OpenXC
Hi all,

Is it possible to modify the firmware codebase in order to add to the VI the feature to understand j1939 protocol and CAN extended messages?

Thanks in advance!

Augustop

Eric Marsman

Dec 17, 2020, 10:10:39 AM12/17/20
to OpenXC
Hi Augustop,

OpenXC already supports Extended messages (29b).

I'm not super familiar with J1939, but that will be more effort. See the below two libraries for what we currently support. I would think swapping/changing the UDS library for one that does J1939 would be the approach.

Regards,
Eric

Augusto Pinto

Dec 17, 2020, 12:19:22 PM12/17/20
to OpenXC
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response. It's useful!

Regards,
Augusto

GUIDO MAURICIO OLIVA BENAVIDES

Nov 13, 2021, 10:59:05 PM11/13/21
to OpenXC
Hello. I would like to know how it went with the theme of protodolo j1939. Did they get the link? There is a way to communicate, since it would be very useful to access